Blacks in Industrial-Organizational Psychology
A professional networking & learning association for Black industrial-organizational psychologists, practitioners, students and allies.
Who Are We?
Blacks in Industrial Organizational Psychology is a professional networking and learning non-profit for Black I/O psychologists, practitioners and students. We strive to provide career development opportunities and increase the presence of Blacks in the Industrial Organizational Psychology industry through the facilitation of networking events, seminars and strategic alliances.
Our mission is to uplift Black voices and experiences within the industrial-organizational psychology industry through continued education, mentorship, networking and awareness-building. We curate events and products addressing disparities unique to the Black community.
To leave a lasting impact on the industrial-organizational psychology industry.
- Foster a community of diverse I/O academics and practitioners.
- Increase the presence of African Americans in the I/O Industry.
- Increase awareness of the I/O industry at educational institutions nationwide, especially minority serving institutions.
- Build a pipeline of diverse and informed I/O candidates.
- Promote a nation-wide understanding of the unique experiences that African Americans face in the workplace and serve as a vehicle to enable conversations and evidence based solutions.
- Empower and equip our members with the tools, language and resources to address disparities unique to minorities.
RSVP for upcoming events here
Sign Up For Updates
Join our email list to receive updates and event notifications directly to your inbox.