Blacks in Industrial-Organizational Psychology
A professional networking & learning association for Black industrial-organizational psychologists, practitioners, students and allies.
Blacks in Industrial Organizational Psychology is a professional networking and learning association for Black I/O psychologists, practitioners and students. We strive to provide career development opportunities and increase the presence of Blacks in the Industrial Organizational Psychology industry through the facilitation of networking events, seminars and strategic alliances.
Our mission is to uplift Black voices and experiences within the industrial-organizational psychology industry through continued education, mentorship, networking and awareness-building. We curate events and products addressing disparities unique to the Black community.
To leave a lasting impact on the industrial-organizational psychology industry.
- Foster a community of diverse I/O academics and practitioners.
- Increase the presence of African Americans in the I/O Industry.
- Increase awareness of the I/O industry at educational institutions nationwide, especially minority serving institutions.
- Build a pipeline of diverse and informed I/O candidates.
- Promote a nation-wide understanding of the unique experiences that African Americans face in the workplace and serve as a vehicle to enable conversations and evidence based solutions.
- Empower and equip our members with the tools, language and resources to address disparities unique to minorities.
RSVP for upcoming events here
Shavonne Holman, M.P.S., IPMA-SCP
Shavonne Holman, M.P.S., IPMA-SCP has over 5 years of experience servicing public service agencies as an I/O Psychology professional. She has exceptional knowledge of personnel assessment methods, employment hiring and selection procedures, recruitment and retention strategies, and test validation. Shavonne is a proud alumna of Howard University where she received a BS in Psychology. She went on to receive a Masters in I/O Psychology from University of Maryland Baltimore County. She is currently working as a Personnel Assessment and Recruitment Manager with the MD Department of Juvenile Services.
Macy Cheeks, M.S., SHRM-CP
Macy Cheeks, M.S., SHRM-CP is an experienced Human Resources professional with a demonstrated expertise in diversity programs, personnel data analytics and federal Equal Employment Opportunity compliance. She specializes in implementing common sense diversity and inclusion strategies for Fortune 500 companies with complex organizational structures. Macy graduated from THE illustrious Howard University with a Bachelor’s of Psychology in 2012. She went on to obtain her Master’s degree in Industrial Organizational Psychology in 2015 from Emporia State University.
Sign Up For Updates
Join our email list to receive updates and event notifications directly to your inbox.