CHAT BOX TRANSCRIPT:
I/O psychologists and practitioners, are uniquely equipped to solve problems in the workplace. We are employed by the largest companies across the world to validate selection systems, build trainings, motivate employees, manage performance, and build change management strategies. We realize that law enforcement agencies are, too, organizations that can benefit from the work of I/Os. With the current (and long standing) climate of unrest surrounding the killing of innocent black people, I/Os must act.
Join us as we partner with law enforcement professionals, our members and allies to brainstorm actionable strategies addressing systemic racism, bias, prejudice and discrimination within law enforcement agencies.
- Minority recruitment & retention
- Law Enforcement culture
- Community relationships
- Cultural competencies
- Steven Thompson – Retired Deputy Chief of Police, Prince William County Police Department
- Ron Files – Lieutenant, Arlington County Police Department
- Craig Miles – Assistant Special Agent in Charge, DOTOIG
- Kyana Beckles, M.P.S – CEO at Leverage Assessments, Inc.
- Mindy Bergman, Ph.D – Director of Interdisciplinary Critical Studies Industrial Organizational Psychology, Texas A&M University
- Joel P. Wiesen, Ph.D., Director – Applied Personnel Research
- Open to ALL I/Os. Please share with your networks